Monday, December 14, 2009
Posted by Jen's Skincare Blog at 2:14 PM
Friday, November 13, 2009
The warm weather has started to go away and the nice crisp winter air is upon us....which means Dry/Flaky skin is just around the corner! And not only is your face dry it seems, the whole body gets dry...and we sit and wish for our summer to come back...
Posted by Jen's Skincare Blog at 2:05 PM
Monday, October 12, 2009
I am absolutely stoked to start using NuFace! Starting November 1st @ Spa Gregories where I work will be having our own Signature AMAZING facial that will include the NuFace treatment! Now you're all sitting there going ok what is this Nuface???
Benefits of Microcurrent
Leading aesthetic professionals use microcurrent technology to lift and tone the face, while complimenting many in-office treatments.
- Non-invasive facelift with immediate results
- Lift and tone the facial muscles and skin tissue
- Professional technology that aestheticians can utilize
- Complimentary with other advanced professional treatments such as microdermabrasion, LED, oxygen, chemical peels, IPL and laser treatments
- Pre and post operative care (consult physician before use)
- "Add-on” treatment to facials and other spa treatments
- Lifts and tones face, neck and body
- Leaves skin feeling smoother and looking younger
- Increases product penetration
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves facial circulation
- Improves hyper pigmentation and acne
- For all skin types
- For all ages
- Used and recommended by skin care professionals
- Reduction of fine lines, creases, and wrinkles
- Skin hydration and revitalization, resulting in smoother and softer skin
- Decrease of puffiness and edema
- Restoration of the "pink glow" of youthful tones
- Visible firming and contouring, lifting overall drooping features
- Tightening of sagging jowls, doubling chins, and fatty cheeks
- Shrinking of enlarged pores
- Reduction of blackheads and acne
- Reduction of scars and pitting
- Reduction of dark circles and puffiness under eyes
- Reduction of the symptoms from Eczema, Melasma and Rosacea
Posted by Jen's Skincare Blog at 11:34 AM
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
The CLARISONIC® removes six times more makeup than traditional facial cleansing. It also helps reduce oily areas, dry skin patches, blemishes and the appearance of visible pores. Using it daily has proven to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles so your skin feels and looks younger and smoother. Before After CLARISONIC® makes beautiful skin easy. Simply press a button and you’ll feel the soft, gentle sonic action. Clarisonic works well with any non-abrasive cleanser. It’s waterproof and rechargeable so Clarisonic can go wherever you go…even in the shower.
In a split forehead randomized study, equal amounts of fluorescent makeup were placed on the forehead of each subject. Photographs of the forehead were then taken using a digital camera with a UV flash. An esthetician then cleansed half of the forehead with the Clarisonic and the other half by hand. Both sides of the forehead were then rinsed with equal amounts of water and left to air dry. After drying, the subject’s forehead was again photographed. The level of glowing makeup is indicative of dirty skin (less glowing means cleaner skin). Individual results may vary.
The CLARISONIC® removes six times more makeup than traditional facial cleansing. It also helps reduce oily areas, dry skin patches, blemishes and the appearance of visible pores.
Using it daily has proven to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles so your skin feels and looks younger and smoother.
CLARISONIC® makes beautiful skin easy. Simply press a button and you’ll feel the soft, gentle sonic action. Clarisonic works well with any non-abrasive cleanser. It’s waterproof and rechargeable so Clarisonic can go wherever you go…even in the shower.
Posted by Jen's Skincare Blog at 5:18 PM
Monday, September 21, 2009
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Microdermabrasion has become very popular treatment these days. Not only by Hollywood celebrities but by all different women around the world. I think its a great way to keep your skin looking young and help with any sun damage, acne scars, etc. Here is some useful information about microderm:
Microdermabrasion is a simple, straight forward, non-invasive procedure that revitalizes dull skin, reduces large pores, erases fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, reduces mild pigment irregularities (hyperpigmentation), stretch marks and age spots.
It is equally effective to other skin treatments (on superficial imperfections) and, most importantly, it allows you to get back to your daily routine immediately after treatment.
Microderm has become so popular because:
- The least invasive dermatological procedure
- More affordable than surgical skin care treatments
- Effective on all skin types and colors (including sensitive skin and black skin)
- Does not need anesthesia when performed at a beauty salon or physician's office (unlike micro laser peel and dermabrasion)
- Gives the skin a healthy-looking glow
Posted by Jen's Skincare Blog at 4:03 PM
Saturday, August 22, 2009
You've all heard it many times, WEAR YOUR SUNSCREEN...whether its been from me personally or even from your Dermatologist it is crucial to wear sunscreen on your face daily. The great thing about it being 2009 is Sunscreen is SOO much better then back in the day when our parents were putting baby oil on themselves. The most important thing is you need sunscreen on your face daily.
The good thing about the advancement in Sunscreen is there are tinted moisturizers w/ SPF, foundations w/ SPF, etc. No one likes the smell of the sunscreen we put on our bodies. Luckily there are scientists out there that have come up with sunscreens that do not smell like sunscreen.
Here is a list of my favorite sunscreens for your face:
Epicuren's Zinc Oxide SPF 20 & Epicuren's X-Treme Cream SPF 45
Eminence Organics Sun Defense Minerals
Arcona's Sunsations Mineral Makeup
MD Skincare Tinted Moisturizer
Spa Gregories Tinted Moisturizer
Trust me a lot of people don't realize that they can get sun damage just driving in their car. It doesn't matter if you're working in a office all day you still drive to and from work. Skin Cancer has seen more cases in the last few years and its time for our generation to help stop the ugly disease and hopefully one day their will be NO Skin Cancer, or cancer period.
Protect your skin...trust me I'm a beach girl and I love the sun but the more I have educated myself on the damages the sun and tanning beds do to your skin it scares me to think of the times I've been careless and NOT worn sunscreen.
So please ...for YOU and your skin...wear sunscreen daily.
Posted by Jen's Skincare Blog at 5:23 PM
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Welcome to my new blog...I decided it was a good idea to try something new and start a blog about what I do for a living and give all of you some great tips, websites, advice, etc for your #1 organ...YOUR SKIN.
I received my Esthetician License in December of last year, have had amazing training, worked with Burke Williams for about 6 months but came back to my favorite Spa and my Spa Family, Spa Gregories. I absolutely LOVE what I do for a living. It took me a little while to finally follow my gut and now I'm doing what I love.
I will update this blog as often as I can. I will provide some great tips, some great at home remedies you can do for your skin. Provide you with info on two of my favorite skin care lines, Arcona and Epicuren, etc.
Feel free to ask me any questions you may have!
Wishing you all a fabulous day...keep smiling, and always wear sunscreen!
Posted by Jen's Skincare Blog at 6:18 PM